Dubai is the most-searched city for job relocation globally, according to a study by Givetastic. The study shows that Dubai is the 1st choice for job destinations in 69 out of 150 countries.
For those looking to work in Dubai, it’s important to do thorough research, as employers often prefer candidates who are already in the UAE.
Prospective job seekers can apply for a jobseeker visa to explore opportunities in the UAE for a period of two, three, or four months.
To improve their chances, candidates can employ a two-pronged approach:
Utilize job search portals and build a professional network by connecting with recruitment companies and industry professionals. LinkedIn can also be a valuable tool for networking and job hunting in the region.
Bulk Search – wide audience
1. Online Job Portals, Dubai/ UAE:
2. LinkedIn: “Currently an indispensable tool for networking, connecting and engaging with potential employers. If you are not on LinkedIn in 2023, you might be missing out,” El Fakhry said.
3. Social media: “It is highly recommended to follow UAE-based companies and job boards on platforms like Twitter and Facebook,” El Fakhry added.
4. Job fairs and events: He also advised jobseekers to attend job fairs and recruitment events in their home country as well as in the UAE.
5. Local newspapers and magazines: You can also look for job opportunities in the classifieds section in UAE newspapers and magazines.
6. University career centres: These can also be a great place to get leads.
7. Freelancing platforms: “Use platforms like Upwork and Freelancer for remote work opportunities with UAE-based clients,” El Fakhry said.
READ MORE: Weather Alert for UAE residents
Tailored search for jobs in Dubai/ UAE – specific and personalised
1. Company websites: Apply directly through the career pages of UAE-based companies. I highly advise applicants to engage with the company’s website they want to work for, especially on their career page.
2. Recruitment agencies: Research and contact specialised recruitment agencies in the UAE. This is still highly efficient in the UAE. There are many firms out there that can help. Please note that you may not always receive a reply due to the high demand recruiters face, but it is always a channel worth pursuing.
3. Networking: Network with professionals in the UAE through platforms like LinkedIn. Networking, for me, is still the best way to secure a job due to the personal and subjective nature of the relationships.
4. Language centres and cultural exchange programmes: Explore teaching opportunities in the UAE through language centres and cultural exchange programmes.
5. Consulting firms: Apply to consulting firms operating in the UAE for diverse job opportunities.
To be Continued…..