The Ministry of Interior in Qatar has revamped entry regulations for residents’ families, aiming to improve service quality and streamline processes. Here are the key updates and their benefits:
– Residents reuniting with families.
– Expats seeking job opportunities with family sponsorship.
– Families planning extended stays.
New Guidelines for Sponsoring Families:
Sponsoring families now depends on specific provisions outlined in the employee’s electronic work contract, focusing on salary and accommodation details. Government and semi-government sector employees must secure family housing through their employer or maintain a salary not less than QAR 10,000. Private sector employees in technical/specialized fields need a salary of at least QAR 10,000 or QAR 6,000 with family housing, as stated in the employment contract.
READ MORE: OLIVE OIL ALERT: Police in Spain seize approx. 5,000 liters of ‘impure’ olive oil in raids
Conditions for Family Sponsorship:
Certain conditions must be met for family sponsorship, including age limits for children and mandatory health insurance for the entire stay.
– Children under 25 years old, unmarried daughters.
– Mandatory health insurance for the entire stay.
– School enrollment for children (6-18 years old) in Qatar or approved overseas programs.
Family Visit Rules:
– Sponsors must be in non-labor sectors with a minimum salary of QAR 5,000.
– Accredited family housing required.
– Visitors within permissible relations, with mandatory health insurance.
Implementation and Digital Accessibility:
The Ministry emphasizes that these updated procedures are in effect. To ensure public convenience, the General Directorate of Passports provides all services electronically through the Metrash2 app and the Ministry of Interior’s official website. These changes signify a concerted effort to streamline and clarify family entry processes, ensuring compliance with established criteria while utilizing digital platforms for accessibility and efficiency.