My fitness rules:
- Eat healthy. Get your daily dose of proteins, carbs, vitamins, minerals and fats. And avoid eating out. I can’t stress this enough.
- Don’t overeat. This is very harmful. Eat until you feel full and don’t eat one more bite after that. Divide your meals and have 6–7 times a day (it’s hard to maintain – but it’s very healthy)
- Never skip breakfast. Eat within 30 minutes of waking up (I never break this rule). A fruit preferably.
- Edit alert! I did not have a fruit for breakfast. I have it early morning when I wake up to normalize the sugar levels. I have breakfast at 8:30. All Indian breakfast 🙂
- Chew several times before swallowing the food. It aids in digestion.
- Myths I absolutely hate: a) Ghee and Rice are fattening. Most idiotic statement ever. Google the benefits of ghee and have it endlessly. It’s not possible for me to ditch rice (I am South Indian!). Plus body needs carbs and brain needs fuel to function.
- Exercise! It is non negotiable. You have to exercise and not just to reduce weight. You have to exercise to build strength and energy. Believe me it changes you in a way that is truly indescribable 🙂
- Your body is not dustbin. Please don’t treat it like one by dumping garbage in it. Love your body 🙂
- Edit: Guys, it has taken 1 year for the transformation. It did not happen immediately as I did not follow any crash diet. I’m 60kgs now.