A good news for the people whose second love is China and want to travel china via road despite taking long flights and long ques at airports. People who want to enjoy the sight-seeing along with their business trips to China would love to use this bus service.
A luxury bus service for the China-Pakistan-Economic-Corridor (CPEC) has been officially launched in Islamabad on Saturday. This Pakistan-China CPEC bus service will start their operations from November 3, 2018. On the occasion of the launch, the CEO of the bus service told to the media on Sunday that this trip will take 30-hours to reach China and this trip will be a memorable and life long experience. Passengers would love to see the mind-boggling sight-seeing on the route and full security will be given to the passengers on board.
The bus service will run for 4-days a week from Lahore to Tashkurgan. Following are other details regarding this bus service:
- Departure from Lahore: Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
- Departure from Tashkurgan: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
As per its itinerary, passengers can book their seats either from Lahore or Rawalpindi and Islamabad. It offers:
- Premium and luxurious buses
- Comfortable journey
- Better en route services, that include breakfast, lunch, dinner refreshment beverages, tea, and snacks.
- Fast Wi-Fi throughout the journey
Here is the detailed itinerary of the CPEC Passenger Bus Service.
Itinerary: Lahore to Tashkurgan
- Departure: From Lahore: 12:00am
- Stopover1: 04:00am – Islamabad/Rawalpindi (pickup)
- Stopover2: 07:00am – Mansehra (breakfast)
- Stopover3: 01:00pm – Besham (lunch)
- Stopover4: 04:00pm – Chelas (tea)
- Stopover5:08:00pm – Gilgit (dinner)
- Stopover6: 02:0am – Sost (custom, immigration & breakfast)
- Stopover7: 12:00pm – Khunjerab Pass, Pakistan side (checking)
- Stopover8: 12:30pm – Khunjerab Pass, China side (checking)
- Arrival: 03:00pm – Tashkugran County (drop-off)
Itinerary: Tashkurgan to Lahore
- Departure: From Tashkurgan: 11:00am
- Stopover1: 01:00pm – Khunjerab Pass, China side (checking)
- Stopover2: 01:30pm – Khunjerab Pass, Pakistan side (checking)
- Stopover3: 03:00pm – Sost border (custom, immigration & lunch)
- Stopover4: 09:00pm – Gilgit (dinner)
- Stopover5: 01:00am – Chelas (refreshment)
- Stopover6: 06:0am – Besham (breakfast)
- Stopover7: 09:00am – Mansehra (refreshment)
- Stopover8: 12:00pm – Islamabad/Rawalpindi (lunch & drop-off 1)
- Arrival: 07:00pm – Lahore (drop-off 2)
The service informs passengers to book their seats at least a week before the travel. Here is how much CPEC Passenger Bus Service charges for the comfortable journey between the two countries.
- One way ticket from Lahore to Taskurgan – PKR 13000 per seat.
- One way ticket from Tashkurgan to Lahore – RMB600 (equivalent to PKR 11,475 under current exchange rate).
- Return Ticket – PKR23000
Travel Documents Required
So if you are willing to travel to China, be mindful that you can carry a maximum of two pieces of baggage with you that weigh not more than 20kgs or you will be charged for extra luggage. Also, don’t forget keeping the following documents with you.
- Valid Visa
- Original Invitation from China