Head of Marketing Operations
Company Name: Jazz (previously known as Mobilink)
Company Location: Islamabad, PK
Application Deadline: 06th May, 2018
As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz has a set of very strong organisational values; it expects its employees to build a unique culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development. The values all Jazz employees exhibit and expected to practice are being entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, customer obsessed and truthful.Our team & youWe are a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success and to continue and change the lives of our 55+ million customers.What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?Within 30 days you will:
- Attend and graduate from our company-wide on boarding process along with detailed orientation program where the candidate will learn Jazz’s values, business, and products
- Meet relevant stakeholders and teams handling various business streams such as Pricing, Data & Devices, VAS, Market Research, Segments, Regional Business Units, Commercial Planning, Sourcing and Finance etc.
- Develop understanding of the Jazz brand, its philosophy, brand strategy and creative direction
- Develop understanding of various systems and process that will play an active role in day to day activities like company policies, financial & compliance procedures etc
- Meet various external stake holders like Outdoor Media Agency, Outdoor Planning Agency, Key Operations partners like Activation agencies etc.
- Review of all systems and processes for the Operations Unit
Within 60 days, you will:
- Establish good relationship with relevant stakeholders e.g. Brands, Media and Digital units
- Develop thorough consumer/industry understanding & help generate ideas that further build operational efficiencies in line with strategic growth plan
- Liaison with various business teams to fulfil their operational needs
- Work with relevant agencies and partners to develop, analyze, review and recommend solutions, which matches the business needs, & deliver on requirements.
- Gain in-depth understanding of the competitors strategy & working and proactively propose counter measures
- Recommendations on any changes to the systems and processes related to Operations Unit and implementation initiation of the approved processes
- Within 90 days to onwards you will:
- Development and delivery of Annual Operations Plans From various business information sources (Business Intelligence Reports, Brand Health Trackers, Traffic, ARPU & churn figures) propose action items aimed at both long & short term objectives
- Develop OOH/Activations/Partnerships/Sponsorships strategy and translating them into robust execution plans and methodology
- Steer the external partners of the function in-line with the aligned strategy and execution
- Pro-actively propose and ensure delivery for the OOH, Sponsorship & Partnership platforms resulting in brand growth via alternate media vehicles
Managing Marketing ops BudgetsClosely monitor the successful ideas in the regional/global Telecom markets and evaluate them for local implementationKey Expectations from the Role/CandidateThe role of the Head of Marketing Operations is to focus on the strategy and execution of the Marketing Operation function, which includes Out of Home, Events & Activations, Partnerships and Platforms etc. He/She is agile and has a passion for data, metrics, analysis and reporting.At this capacity, the Head of Marketing Operations needs to understand the business needs and be able to strategize and recommend the right mix of various BTL touchpoints according to the requirements from campaign to campaign. Furthermore, should be able to manage the various requirements based on short and long-term strategies.The Head of Marketing Operations shall also be responsible for analysis of various campaigns carried out. At this capacity, he/she also provides active monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on the status of initiatives, program ROI, Competition monitoring etc. He/She additionally needs to be constantly evolving to be able to adapt to the dynamic world of the Telco industry.The position of the Head of Marketing Operations also needs to be collaborative and, as such, the occupier of this position has to work closely with all relevant stakeholders ensuring timely and prompt completion of various tasks from campaign execution to closure of all financials relating to those executions.The Head of Marketing Operations needs to ensure performance targets and budgets are on track while also ensuring the fulfilment of scope of work and vendor payments stay on track and are accurate. He/She will work closely with sourcing and finance partners to assure budget availability and tracking alongwith developing and executing agreements.What we have done and what we will do with YOUIn the last one-year Jazz is a huge success story in terms of business transformation, we were and still are the market leaders with huge margins specially after successful merger of Jazz and Warid.A Bit About YouWe are looking for someone who has fresh ideas and hunger to deliver on challenging projects.Able to learn quickly, good and giving ideas, which connect with the customers of the brand Jazz. The ideal candidate exhibits integrity, is a good leader who inspires others specially the direct team, is able to develop and harness relationships with internal and external stakeholders.Challenges the status quo and brings innovation on the table.A Bit About UsMarketing Operations is part of the Brands and Communication function within the Marketing function of Commercial Division. The team is responsible to handle the entire BTL and On-ground portfolio and service the various business streams.The Structure Of The Team You Will Join Is
- A 19 member team (including the department head) with 04 sub teams
- You will be part of a 05 member sub-team reporting to the Head of Brands and Communications
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
- To ensure Jazz marketing operations delivers on business priorities and contributes towards the bottom line
- Drive the area with innovation to provide integration between various marketing touch points for e.g. OOH with Radio or Digital which results in enhanced consumer experience
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team. What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?Ability to build strong relationships with External Teams: OOH agencies, Business Partners etc.Ability to build strong relationships with Internal Teams: Brands, Media, Brands, Digital. Finance, Marketing, Sales, PR/CSR, Procurement etc.Strengthening of brand health, Sales and revenue are consequences of a good relationship with above-mentioned stakeholders.The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.Strengthening the Jazz brand equity and driving businessPutting in place a robust strategy towards smooth execution of activation’s10+ years of experience graduate, which brings a fresh perspective to the area.Marketing operationsEvent management and activation’sHandling PartnershipsOne must have technology the candidate should have. TThe candidate for this position must also be highly proficient in Ms Word, PowerPoint, and Ms Excel, which will be necessary for the creation of visually and verbally engaging reports and presentations.Essential Skills Must Have
- Excellent time management, organizational, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Should be able to demonstrate leadership and team skills
- Firm grip of business management, brand development and marketing communication tools and relevant frameworks
- High level of initiative and self-drive
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Self motivated and inspires the team to be the same
- Can work comfortably in a fast-paced environment, have excellent time-management skills, have an ability to think creatively and strategically, have exceptional problem-solving skills, and have an ability to stay calm under stress and uncertainty inspiring the same within the team
- The Head of Marketing Operations must also be a strong team player with an ability to develop effective working relationships across the organization as well as externally.
- Must be an approachable and relatable person that junior marketing operations department will follow and who will organically earn the trust of the Head of Brands, key stakeholders, and external partners.