A video of an Indonesian man’s Samsung phone exploding, setting his shirt on fire has been captured in a CCTV footage taken at an Indonesian hotel, according to media reports.
The terrifying moment when Mr. Yulianto’s’s phone burst into flames has since gone viral on social media in Indonesia.
Yulianto said that the use of Wifi, Bluetooth and GPS simultaneously caused the phone to overheat.
The incident happened at the Hotel Ciputra in the Indonesian city of Semarang on Saturday (Sept 30), the Daily Mail reported.
In the video, the man, identified as hotel supervisor Yulianto, can be seen touching his phone through his shirt just seconds before sparks began flying from his pocket.
His shirt was quickly set alight, with the stunned 47-year-old seen rolling on the floor while ripping off his shirt.
The Central Java Regional Police said the Samsung phone was a Grand Duos model, which Indonesian media reported was released in 2013.
“Mr Yulianto immediately removed his shirt after the phone exploded. He had no significant injuries,” the Daily Mail quoted Agus Triatmojo, the Central Java Regional Police’s head of public relations as saying.
The incident was being investigated, police said.
Yulianto reportedly sustained only minor injuries in the incident.
Samsung has previously been under fire over the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 model which was recalled due to its exploding batteries.
Samsung Electronics Indonesia’s Corporate Marketing Director was quoted telling local media the company was also probing the incident.
“Consumer safety is our top priority, and we’ve contacted the consumer concerned to provide the necessary support, and we are currently investigating the device.”
MediaBites Editorial – Abid Mehmood (Source: The Straits Times)
Pakistan First Media And Brand Website.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Brand wars- Chai V Coke
Whats Hot – The Chenab Club Elections, Faisalabad.
Ikea’s smart lighting is now broadly available
5 Important Life lessons you need to learn before you’re 40
6 influential Pakistanis who have made us proud!
© 2013-2016 Media Bites. All rights reserved.