Guys…tips from the horses mouth. How to spot a FAKE perfume. My Warwick friend Aahyan Mumtaz deals in genuine perfumes at Beaute, Galleria Mall Lahore.
1. Every perfume has two bar codes:
a) product code and
b) distributor code. If the distributor code is a sticker or its not there.. do not buy that perfume.
2. Not every perfume bottle has a magnetic top. but the cap should fit with a click on virtually every perfume. Always check that.
3. Shake the bottle. Bubbles will appear and should disappear completely in 30 secs. If there are particles still left then its a mixed perfume
4. Check the bottle finishing. If it doesnt appear to be original it probably isnt. Also any mistake in the packaging printing is an indicator
5. Not all fakes leave stains. but if a particular one does leave a stain then its an egg
6. Lastly is the smell. Fakes have a distinct alcohol smell that is noticeable after 60 secs of spraying on your wrist. An original is supposed to settle into its middle notes after 60 seconds. A fake will give you a distinct alcohol smell after that time.
Please buy from a reliable source. There are dedicated perfume outlets across the country now like Beauté and Scentsation. These do not deal in fake stuff.
Media Bites Editorial – Courtesy: Hasnain Iqbal
Pakistan First Media And Brand Website.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Brand wars- Chai V Coke
Whats Hot – The Chenab Club Elections, Faisalabad.
5 Important Life lessons you need to learn before you’re 40
6 influential Pakistanis who have made us proud!
© 2013-2016 Media Bites. All rights reserved.